•  Address:
    44001 Garfield Road
    Clinton Township, MI
  •  Building Maps

The Right Connection - Teen Pregnancy Services

Teen Pregnancy Services

Also see the following chapters:

Click on each title below to see detailed information.

The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) offers several ways to apply for health care coverage: Medicaid, MIChild and the Healthy Michigan Plan. After completing the application, the customer will be notified of the programs s/he and the family members are eligible for. Online applications are encouraged and will be processed faster than paper. See below for ways to apply and receive help.


Apply online at home at www.michigan.gov/mibridges

Apply online at the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) offices at their kiosks:

21885 Dunham Road Clinton Township, MI  48036 (586) 469-7700
41227 Mound Sterling Heights, MI  48314 (586) 254-1500
27690 Van Dyke Warren, MI  48093 (586) 427-0600

Apply with the paper application which can be download at: www.michigan.gov/mdch


For application assistance by telephone, call the Customer Service Application Help line:
(855) 276-4627 (also available in Spanish and Arabic)

Non-emergency walk-in assistance is provided during
business hours or call for an appointment.

Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS)
4301 E. 14 Mile Road,
Sterling Heights, MI 48310
(888) 670-6798

Walk-in assistance available on
Tuesdays 10:00 A.M. -1:00 P.M. and
Wednesdays 10:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.

Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church
8129 Packard
Warren, MI 48089
(586) 758-3940

Appointments only

Ray of Hope
2 Crocker Blvd., Suite 201
Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
(586) 329-4046

Walk-in assistance 10:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Monday through Friday

Macomb Children’s Healthcare Access Program (CHAP)
11370 Hupp Road
Warren MI 48089
(586) 459-5108


Apply online at home at www.michigan.gov/mibridges

Apply online at the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) offices at their kiosks:

21885 Dunham Road Clinton Township, MI 48036 (586) 469-7700

41227 Mound Sterling Heights, MI 48314 (586) 254-1500

27690 Van Dyke Warren, MI 48093 (586) 427-0600

Apply with the paper application which can be download at: www.michigan.gov/mdch

Free to low cost medical services including treatment for acute illnesses (colds, ear infections, bronchitis, rashes, cuts); women's health (gynecological physicals, family planning, sexually-transmitted-diseases); treatment for chronic illnesses (high-blood pressure, diabetes); employment and school physicals; referrals to other services.  Service is available for persons and families of all ages, economically disadvantaged, and persons with no medical insurance.  Available from Neighbors Caring for Neighbors ClinicsOutreach Clinic.

Neighbors Caring for Neighbors Clinic at Samaritan House
62324 Van Dyke
Washington Twp., MI 48094

Clinic Hours The clinics are open at varying dates and times, depending on community need, staffing availability and a number of other options. For the most up-to-date times, please call the clinic you are interested in visiting.  Appointments are preferred. Walk-ins are accepted for urgent problems only.

(586) 649-6104

Neighbors Caring for Neighbors
15420 Nineteen Mile Rd.
Clinton Township, MI 48038

The clinics are open at varying dates and times, depending on community need, staffing availability and a number of other options. For the most up-to-date times, please call the clinic you are interested in visiting.  Appointments are preferred. Walk-ins are accepted for urgent problems only.

(586) 649-6104

See the "Clothing and Diapers, Financial and Emergency Assistance, Food, Furniture, and Utility Assistance" chapter.

Paternity can be established in several ways:

  1. If the mother is married at the time of conception, her husband is considered by law to be the father unless a court has determined that the husband is not the father.

  2. If the mother is not married at the time of conception or both, paternity can be established in two ways:

  • Both parents can voluntarily sign an Affidavit of Parentage form at the hospital at the time of birth free of charge; but a fee is required to change or add the father's name to the birth certificate. If paternity is not established at birth, contact the child support specialist at your county Department of Health and Human Services for free help. You do not have to be on public assistance to seek help from the child support specialist. 
  • A judge can declare a man the legal father of the child.
Free or minimal cost legal advice by telephone on legal concerns of teen parents including custody, paternity, child support, public benefits (FIP, child care, Healthy Kids, food assistance), Personal Protection Orders, birth certificates, limited guardianship for children, emancipation and divorce. Available from Legal Aid and Defender Association(877) 964-4700.    

Information on contraceptive methods, pregnancy testing, pelvic and breast examination (birth control supplies are available on a sliding fee scale). Available from:

Health Department - Family Planning Program
Call for an appointment and then the patient will be directed to their nearest Health Department site.

(586) 469-5491

Planned Parenthood

(586) 558-0101

Northland Family Planning,
Sterling Heights,
(Pro choice organization)

(586) 268-1700

Pregnancy testing is available from:

Health Department - Family Planning Program, Mt. Clemens

(586) 469-5491

Planned Parenthood Warren (Pro-choice organization)

(586) 558-0101

Northland Family Planning, Sterling Heights, (Pro choice organization)

(586) 268-1700

Options counseling is available from:


Planned Parenthood Warren (Pro-choice organization)

(586) 558-0101

Northland Family Planning, Sterling Heights, (Pro choice organization)

(586) 268-1700


Birthright of Macomb County, Utica

(586) 254-5930

Compassion Pregnancy, Clinton Twp.

(586) 783-2229


Maternal and Infant Health Program services are specialized preventive services provided to pregnant women, mothers, and their infants who have Medicaid to help reduce infant deaths and illnesses.

Qualified Health Plus (QHPs) are required to provide Maternal and Infant Health Program services to their members when the services are determined to be medically necessary. Maternal and Infant Health Program services may require prior authorization from a QHP or its providers.

For a list of MIHP service providers, go to. https://www.michigan.gov/mihp

First, scroll down to the title: “Who Do I Contact To Find A State Certified MIHP Near Me? Then click on “MIHP Coordinators Directory 1/14/2014," or the “Interactive Map of MIHP Agencies” links listed beneath.

An anonymous safe haven for unwanted newborns provides a place for parents to surrender their newborn if the child is less that three days old.  The infant must be surrendered inside the building to an employee of a hospital, fire department or police station. The parent will only be asked to volunteer the child's medical history. The baby will be examined and then turned over to DHS for a foster home and prospective adoptive parents. The birth parent, whose rights to the child will be severed, will not be charged with child abandonment unless there is evidence of assault, neglect, or abuse. Parents will have 28 days after surrendering to petition the courts to regain custody.  If one parent is initially unaware unaware that the other has abandoned the infant, that parent may petition the State for custody. For more information about "Safe Delivery", call toll-free (866) 733-7733.

Nutrition education and supplemental food coupons for low-income pregnant females, new mothers, and children under age 5 who have medical or nutritional needs. Available from:

WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Supplemental Food Program
Macomb County Health Department, Mt. Clemens (586) 469-5471
Community First Health Center, New Haven (586) 749-5173

Free nutritional education and consultation for Macomb County individuals and families. There are no income guidelines. Available from the Macomb County Health Department, Mt. Clemens, (586) 412-3396.

Free small group instruction on basic nutrition, food buying and preparation skills, meal planning and budgeting.  Available from the MSU Extension - Expanded Food Nutrition Educational Program (EFNEP), (586) 469-6432.

Emergency Food is available through various food pantries in Macomb County. For the location of the nearest food pantry, call 2-1-1.

Information and support for breast-feeding is available from the La Leche League, (877) 452-5324.

Chesterfield Township

Chesterfield Twp. Fire Dept. Provided free to anyone, regardless of residency.

(586) 725-2233


Clinton Township

Macomb Co. Health Dept. (Year-round inspections are done by appointment only from Monday - Friday. Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians will answer your questions or inspect car seats. To schedule an appointment or for more information on child passenger safety, call (586) 412-3398. Email: Maria.Swiatkowski@macombgov.org)

(586) 412-3398


The Health Department website has downloadable copies of Child Passenger Safety Fact Sheets, free and printable; basic need-to-know information on all stages of car seats and the different methods used to install car seats.

Clinton Twp. Police Dept.

(586) 493-7800 ext. 7676

No information on car seat inspections is on their website.


Traffic Safety Association of Michigan (Child restraint inspections are provided at the facility at no charge to Macomb County residents upon request.)

(586) 793-1425


Fraser Public Safety

(586) 293-1425


Macomb Township

Macomb Twp. Fire Dept. Monday thru Friday by appointment only.

(586) 286-0027 ext. 2302

http://www.macombsheriff.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=162& Itemid=429

Mt. Clemens

Macomb County Sheriff's Department (Child seat safety checks and installations, between 7:00 - 10:00 P.M. by appointment only.  Participants are asked to bring the following items to the inspection:  Vehicles owner’s manual • Car Seat owner’s manual • If possible, the child that will be “properly secured” in the safety seat.  Allow 30 minutes for the installation and safety check process.)

(586) 307-9540 to schedule an appointment.

http://www.macombsheriff.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=162& Itemid=429

New Baltimore

New Baltimore Police Dept. (Car seat inspections are performed by the Macomb County Health Department technicians onsite by appointment only on the last Thursday of the month from 2:00 - 5:00 P.M. (586) 412-3398.)

(586) 725-2181


New Haven

New Haven Police Dept. (By appointment only. Leave a message and officer will call back to make the appointment.)

(586) 469-7744

No information on care seat inspections is on their website.

St. Clair Shores

St. Clair Shores Police Dept. (St. Clair Shores residents and by appointment only)

(586) 445-5311 ext. 2

No information on car seat inspections is on their website.

For new sites in your area, call the Traffic Safety Association of Michigan at (586) 293-5880 or go to:  http://trafficsafetymacomb.org/

Free immunizations for Macomb County children and adults against the following diseases: diphtheria, influenza, pneumonia, tetanus, pertussis, measles, mumps, poliomyelitis, rubella, hemophilus influenza, Hepatitis B, or varicella (chicken pox). Available from:

Macomb County Health Department

Mt. Clemens

(586) 469-5372

Macomb County Health Department

St. Clair Shores

(586) 466-6800

Macomb County Health Department


(586) 465-8537

Immunization        Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Evening hours available at the following times, locations:
Mondays: 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. (St. Clair Shores)
Wednesdays: 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. (Mt. Clemens)
Thursdays: 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. (Warren)   

Pregnant and parenting teens over the age of 16 by September 1 are eligible for adult education classes through local school districts.





 Anchor Bay





 www.armada schools.org



 Chippewa Valley


 Jim Fields

 (586) 723-2000 ext. 7

 Center Line






 Don Trahan

 (586) 791-6300 ext. 4001










 http://www.fraser.k12.mi.u s/ pages/FraserPS



 Lake Shore


 Becky Whitfield

 (586) 285-8883



 Becky Whitfield

 (586) 285-8883

 L’Anse Creuse


 Jeff Glombowski

 (586) 783-6420 ext. 1200

 Mt. Clemens




 New Haven
















 South Lake


 Becky Witfield

 (586) 285-8880



 Denise Mennucci

 (586) 797-6906

 Van Dyke

 www.macomb.k12.mi.us/vandyke/ vandyke.htm

 Mark Skrzynski

 (586) 758-8363

 Warren Con




 Warren Woods


Kristen Allen

(586) 439-4400 Ext. 8

Free daytime classes for pregnant/parenting 16 - 20 year olds toward obtaining their high school diploma, including nutrition, teen parenting, life management issues. Child care services are provided offsite. This program is within the alternative high school. The classes are incorporated into the teens' school schedule. For more information, contact North Lake High School, (586) 285-8780.

Persons under the age of 18 must have parental consent to enter into a marriage contract in the state of Michigan. If the youth is less than 15 years of age, he/she and his/her parent must go to Probate Court to start the process.

If the youth is under 15 and does not have parental consent or only one parent's consent, he/she must apply for a secret marriage license. A hearing date is set, approximately 14 days later. The parents are notified of the hearing and may give testimony. The judge's decision is based on the circumstances of the situation and testimony.

If the youth is under 15 and has both parents' consent, he/she applies for a secret marriage license and a hearing date may be set for that day. The judge's decision is based on the circumstances of the situation and testimony.

If the youth is aged 16-18, he/she must have parental consent to get married. They begin the process by going to the County Clerk Office, 1st Floor, Court Building in Mt. Clemens [(586) 469-5749 with their custodial parent to apply for a marriage license. The youth must bring in a certified copy of their birth certificate. The parent must bring in their own picture identification (preferably a driver's license) and must sign a parental consent form in order for the youth to apply for the marriage license.

At least one applicant must appear to apply for a marriage license and show proper photo identification (Driver's License). If one of the people who wishes to get married is underage, then the one who is underage must come in person to apply for the marriage license and bring a birth certificate. For more information, call the Macomb County Clerk's Office, 40 N. Main, Mt. Clemens, 48043 (586) 469-5210. Office hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.


Early Childhood STEP
is designed for parents with children under 6 years of age and focuses on temperament, stages of development, expectations and age appropriate behavior. There is a fee for the class and cost of the book. (These fees are waived if the parents are on any form of public assistance. To get the fees waived, the client must have an up-to-date Medicaid card or a letter from their DHS worker stating that they are unable to pay for the classes). The book Parenting Young Children is available at local bookstores. The classes are two hours a week for eight weeks and are available quarterly. For more information, contact CARE of Southeastern Michigan, (586) 541-2273 or visit their website at http://www.careofsem.com.

A pregnancy test, pregnancy counseling (“pro-life”), newborn care, nutritional classes, personal growth classes, infant clothing, counseling and referral by a registered nurse is available from Gianna House (Eastpointe), (586) 445-0440.

Abigayle Ministries, Sterling Heights

For homeless pregnant women 18 years and older and their babies

(586) 323-1411

Gianna House, Eastpointe

The residential program is only open to young women 13-25 years of age who are pregnant or who have recently given birth.

The outreach program provides baby items and classes and is open to mothers of any age

(586) 445-0440